Australian Organic Awareness Month
Australian Organic Awareness Month (AOAM), held every September, is Australia’s largest educational campaign celebrating certified organic products, and in particular products wearing the Australian Certified Organic Bud logo. Celebrated industries include food, beverages, skincare, cosmetics, textiles, cleaning products, garden products and even pet food!
AOAM is all about raising awareness and educating consumers about the important values associated with certified products: non GM, free to range, biodiversity friendly, sustainably fished, socially responsible, pasture fed, and, of course, grown free from harsh synthetic pesticides, herbicides, and antibiotics and with no added hormones.
Here are some great education resources to make Australian Organic Awareness Month part of your classroom program:
- Facts for students (pdf, 2.3 mb)
- Lesson Ideas (pdf, 300 kb)
- Organic products KWL chart (pdf, 283 kb)
- Celebrating organic - comprehension (pdf, 298 kb)
- Celebrating organic - comprehension solutions (pdf, 291 kb)
- Organic V non-organic venn diagram (pdf, 279 kb)
- What does it mean? (pdf, 461 kb)
- Crack-the-code (pdf, 304 kb)
- Crack-the-code solutions (pdf, 295 kb)
- Coordinate drawing (pdf, 384 kb)
- Coordinate drawing solutions (pdf, 360 kb)
Why not register to request your FREE colourful classroom posters and to access all the other great Australian Organic education resources.