From the farm to me
Have you ever wondered where our food comes from? As you eat a delicious meal do you think about the hard-working farmers who produce our food? Do you wonder why they chose to become organic farmers or what life is like on an organic farm?
Read on to find out more about organic farming, becoming certified organic, the origins of food and the process of getting food from the farm to you.
Our ‘from the farm to me’ topics are:
Farmers are often important people in their community who have fascinating stories to tell about their life and methods of food production. Below you will find stories about life on some interesting organic Australian farms.
- A Taste of Paradise farm story (pdf, 574 kb)
- Bauer’s Organic Farm story (pdf, 1.3 mb)
- Borderland Grapes farm story (pdf, 1.5 mb)
- Clarendon Farm story (pdf, 180 kb)
- Googa Farms story (pdf, 290 kb)
- Sandy Creek Organic Farm story (pdf, 477 kb)
- Sunningdale Farm story (pdf, 1.1 mb)
- Woods Organic Flour farm story (pdf, 600 kb)
- Woorra Park Farm story (pdf, 804 kb)