Organic School Gardens - Local Schools Local Heroes Program
The Local Schools Local Heroes Program has been developed to create opportunities for schools to build partnerships with local businesses and community organisations and members.
The Organic School Gardens Program has over 1300 schools registered nationally and with such interest in the program, we are already being contacted by many interested businesses and individuals asking how they can become involved.
The Local Schools Local Heroes Program will help to generate local school-community partnerships by putting interested businesses and community organisations and members in touch with schools registered with the program.
By participating in this program, schools could receive assistance from local business and individuals who are interested in providing support for school garden programs.
Support to schools may include businesses donating funds, products, services or materials to assist in the development and maintenance of school garden programs, and business and community members offering to volunteer their time and skills.
School eligibility requirements:
- Be registered with the Organic School Gardens Program
- Have a commitment to using 50% of the Organic School Gardens Program lessons in 2013. (Schools with gardens still in development can utilise lessons 1-5 which can be used without an established garden)
- Have an existing garden space for an edible garden
- Be committed to using organic gardening methods
- Be committed to using only garden products which are approved for use in organic systems
Applications are accepted at any time for the 2013 Local Schools Local Heroes Program unless there is a specific grants round connected to a community sponsorship.
Apply for the Local Schools Local Heroes Program:
Schools Click here
Business Click Here
Volunteer Click Here